Indo-American Chamber of Commerce invites you for a Workshop on ‘Customs & FTP – Changes and emerging issues’ on February 27, 2019 (Wednesday) between 04.00 p.m. – 07.00 p.m. (Networking High Tea at 03.30 p.m.) at IACC Conference Hall, No 38/4 SPL Sriram Nivas, Venkatakrishna Road, 1st Floor, Mandaveli, Chennai – 600 028.
The workshop will be addressed by experts from Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan, Mr. P. Sridharan, Advocate & Partner and Mr. V. Muthuraman, Advocate & Principal Associate.
The objective of the program is to shed light on the evolving Customs valuation law in India, changes in provisions relating to SCOMET and recent problems being faced by exporters in respect of IGST investigations as described below:
- The Good-Better-Best Approach to Customs Valuation Rules:
“Identifying the sweet spots”
- GATT valuation rules
- Handling related party transactions in light of the simplified CV procedures
- Application of CV principles in GST regime and it’s on going challenges
- An ongoing Conflict – Transfer Pricing and CVR – An overview
- Satisfying the Proper Officer
- Discounts |Free of Charge |Post import charges – challenges
- Export Controls the challenges ahead for Indian Exporters (SCOMET)
“Exporters don’t have all the answers”
- Controls are ahead of the Trade – An overview on MCRE
- From Purpose into Performance – The Wassenaar Agreement
- Looking beyond the boundaries – The “Catch-All control”
- No more moon walk for violators – WMD is in thru’ FTDR
- Controlling Invisible hurdles – ICP- Internal Compliance Programme (An
initiative to collaboration without burnout)
- Exporters dragged into IGST investigations
“Story of Relief from IGST turning into nightmare”
- Analysis of pre-import condition
- Provisions under FTP and Customs Notification
- Issues of Input tax credit
This workshop is intended to help exporters and importers in understanding certain issues to devise strategies for optimising benefits and managing risks besides ensuring full compliance.
Who Can Attend?
- Head / Manager / officer/ Executive – Import & Export
- Head / Manager/ Officer/Executive – Supply Chain Management
- Head / Manager / officer/ Executive – Tax
- Traders – Import /Export
Registration fee (per participant):
|Members||INR. 750/- + 18% GST|
|Non – Members||INR. 1,800/- + 18% GST|
Please take note the registrations will be accepted only on first-come first-served basis. Due to prior commitment if you are not able to attend, please depute senior representatives from your company to register and benefit from the deliberations.
Kindly complete the attached registration form and submit to us along with the registration fee to Ms. Nirmala Sankaraman, Coordinator- Membership & Programs by email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 25, 2019.
Note: Car parking NOT available in our premises.
We look forward to receiving your registrations soon.