Intellectual Property Rights are legal rights, which result from intellectual activity in industrial, scientific, literary & artistic fields. These rights Safeguard creators and other producers of intellectual goods & services by granting them certain time-limited rights to control their use. Protected IP rights like other property can be a matter of trade, which can be owned, sold or bought. These are intangible and non-exhausted consumption.
Indo-American Chamber of Commerce is organizing a Workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)” with specific focus on protecting Trademark and Patent rights of an organization. The Workshop is scheduled on Friday, November 24, 2017 between 10:00 a.m. – 03:00 p.m. at Hotel The Raintree, St. Mary’s road, Alwarpet, Chennai.
The objective of the programme:
- To create awareness on the importance of intellectual property among industries and Research units
- To encourage industries to protect their trademark rights and patent registration their inventions
- To educate the participants on how to prepare themselves before applying for the specific IP rights
- To educate the participants about the protection and enforcement of trademark rights from infringements and passing off
- To educate the participants about the protection and enforcement of patent infringements
- To establish a link between manufacturing and research on IPR
- To create awareness on brand building and brand protection
Session will focus on the following areas:
- Procedures to get a patent in India
- What cannot be patent?
- A few historical patents
- Trademark in India – Prosecution & Opposition
- Madrid Protocol and its uses
- Well-known Trademarks and Associated Trademarks
- IP Clinic – searches, types of application, aspects of filing
- How to identify your potential Intellectual property right?
- How to initiate protection of potential patent/trademark?
- How to perform a basic search, before applying for protection?
- How to avoid basic mistakes, while processing in International and national Framework of Patent and Trademarks?
- Introduction to IPR tools such as Patents Search, Trademarks Search using free on-line tools
- How to leverage IPR in Industry & Business?
- Success stories
|Members||INR. 1,650/- plus 18% GST|
|Non – Members||INR. 2,500/- plus 18% GST|
A discount of 10% is applicable on the delegate fee:
- If registered on or before November 16, 2017 (Thursday) – early bird offer(or)
- If 3 or more register from the same company
Interested members are requested to complete the attached registration form and send it to the below address along with the registration fee.
Please take note the registrations will be accepted only on first-come first-serve basis. For any additional information or clarification, please feel free to contact Mr. Syed Nabeen by email- [email protected] / Mobile: 9788466639.
We request you to depute suitable representatives from your company to participate and benefit from this session.
Look forward to receiving your registrations.